If approved as published, Maharashtra RERA Rules will give legal authority to the builders to dominate, victimize & intimidate flat buyers in Maharashtra. That's why it is the duty of every citizen to email his objections by 31st December 2016 at email@example.com
- Vijay Kumbhar
1) Maharashtra RERA Rules - Licence to dominate, intimidate & victimize flat buyers:
In his 18 minutes Marathi Youtube Video Mr. Vijay Kumbhar, RTI Activist, claims that instead of protecting flat buyers, Maharashtra RERA Rules give legal authority to the builders to dominate, intimidate & victimize the flat buyers.
Mr. Kumbhar has come to this conclusion after studying Maharashtra RERA Rules, the original Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016 of Central Government of India, and the rules of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) established in the Union Territories.
2) How will Maharashtra RERA Rules give legal authority to the builders to dominate, intimidate & victimize the flat buyers?
Look at these 5 clauses, Mr. Kumbhar says -
If Maharastra RERA Rules are approved as published:
1) Builder can easily terminate your flat agreement
2) Complaining against the builder is going to be very expensive
3) Builder's complete track record will not be available for the flat buyers
4) Real estate agents can cheat the flat buyers & get away with crime easily
5) Builder can discriminate against flat buyers
In short, instead of eradicating unfair, illegal & exploitative current business practices of the builders, Maharashtra RERA Rules give legal status to dominate, intimidate & victimize the flat buyers!
3) 31st December 2016 - the last day to email your objections:
That's why, Mr. Kumbhar says, you should raise objections against Maharashtra RERA Rules and email them at firstname.lastname@example.org - by 31st December 2016.
Here is the summary of 5 objections:
1) If Maharastra RERA Rules are approved as published - builder can easily terminate your flat agreement:
Look at the clause no 6.3 & 6.4 on Page No 47. It says that by giving 7 days email notice a builder can terminate your flat agreement and sale your flat to anyone at any rate!
Not only that!!
You have to wait for 6 months to get your money back.
And you know what?
A builder will not pay you any interest for these 6 months - but you will keep on paying interest to the bank.
It means that the builder has all powers to dominate, intimidate & victimize you from the day to register your flat agreement.
You become a builder's slave on the day you sign the flat agreement.
6.3 Provided that, Promoter shall give notice of seven days in writing to the Allottee by email at the email address provided by the Allottee of his intention to terminate this Agreement and of the specific breach or breaches of terms and conditions in respect of which it is intended to terminate the Agreement. If the Allottee fails to rectifies the breach or breaches mentioned by the Promoter within the period of notice then at the end of such notice period, promoter shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and upon termination of this Agreement the Promoter, shall be at liberty to dispose of and sell the Apartment to such person and at such price as the Promoter may in his absolute discretion think fit.
6.4 Provided further that upon termination of this Agreement as aforesaid, the Promoter shall refund to the Allottee (subject to adjustment and recovery of any agreed liquidated damages or any other amount which may be payable to Promoter) within a period of six months of the termination, the instalments of sale price of the Apartment which may till then have been paid by the Allottee to the Promoter but the Promoter shall not be liable to pay to the Allottee any interest on the amount so refunded.
2) If Maharastra RERA Rules are approved as published - complaining against the builder is going to be very expensive:
CHAPTER VIIIREAL ESTATE APPELLATE TRIBUNAL28. Form for filing Appeal and the fees payable.- (1) Every appeal filed under subsection (1) of section 44 shall be accompanied by a fee of rupees one thousand in the form of a demand draft drawn on a nationalized bank in favour of the Appellate Tribunal and payable at the main branch of that Bank at the station where the seat of the said Appellate Tribunal is situated.
According to above RERA Rules for Union Territories, while filing a complaint against the builder, a flat buyer has to pay a fee of 1,000 rupees only.
But Maharastra RERA Rules say that you have to pay a fee of Rs. 10,000! (Chapter V - Clause 23)
This shows that Maharashtra RERA Rules are not for the protection of the flat buyers but for the protection of the builders.
Mr. Kumbhar feels that the builder lobby must have written these RERA Rules & Maharashtra Government may have just published them.
That's why every citizen must raise objections against Maharashtra RERA Rules by 31st December 2016.
FILING OF COMPLAINTS WITH THE AUTHORITY OR THE ADJUTICATING OFFICER
23. Manner of filing a complaint with the regulatory authority and the manner of holding an inquiry by the regulatory authority.-
(1) Any aggrieved person, having interest in the project, may file a complaint with the regulatory authority for any violation under the Act or the rules and regulations made thereunder, save as those provided to be adjudicated by the adjudicating officer, as per Form ‘L’ which shall be accompanied by a fee of rupees Ten Thousand in the form of a demand draft drawn on a nationalized bank in favour of regulatory authority and payable at the main branch of that bank at the station where the seat of the said regulatory authority is situated.
3) If Maharastra RERA Rules are approved as published - builder's complete track record will not be available for the flat buyers:
(vi) brief details of the projects launched by the promoter in the last five years, whether already completed or being developed, as the case may be, including the current status of the said projects, any delay in its completion, details of cases pending, details of type of land and payments pending etc. ____
Most of the buyers who have booked the flats in Kumar Builders' KUL Ecoloch & KUL Nation have told me that they didn't know that Kumar Builders & Kumar Properties are two different companies! They assumed that both are one & the same.
If they had known the history - the past projects - the track record - means about the status of Kumar Builders' previous projects - like KUL Utsav at Khadi Machine Chowk Kondhwa & 45 Nirvana at Paud Phata Kothrud - they would have been able to take a right decision.
Thanks to Maharashtra Government!
Even after RERA, the builders can take the flat buyers for a ride!!
Because, even after RERA, the flat buyers in Maharashtra are not going to get the complete track record of the builder - complete information about the builder's past projects.
The 'Application for Registration of Project' - 1 - VI - on the Page 23 of Maharashtra RERA Rules - only demands the list of completed or under construction projects in the last 5 years.
Whereas, the RERA Rules of Union Territory demands more than the list of projects. They want to know - including the current status of the said projects, any delay in its completion, details of cases pending, details of type of land and payments pending etc.
Just imagine, how this information about Kumar Builders' past projects would have been valuable to the flat buyers!
1) The flat buyers would have realized that Kumar Builders & Kumar Properties are two different construction companies.
2) If the flat buyers would have known Kumar Builders' - the current status of the said projects, any delay in its completion, details of cases pending, details of type of land and payments pending etc. - they would have been able to take the right decision!
This omission in Maharashtra RERA Rules proves that the real intention of Maharashtra RERA is to give legal authority to the builders to dominate, intimidate & victimize the flat buyers in Maharashtra!
(vi) brief details of the projects launched by the promoter in the last five years, whether already completed or being developed, as the case may be__________________________________;
4) If Maharastra RERA Rules are approved as published - real estate agents can cheat the flat buyers & get away with crime easily:
13. Revocation of Registration of real estate agent.-
The Regulatory Authority may, due to reasons specified under sub-section (7) of section 9, revoke the registration granted to the real estate agent or renewal thereof, as the case may be, and intimate the real estate agent of such revocation as per Form ‘I’.
Maharashtra RERA Rules not only protect the builders but their real estate agents too! In fact, if Maharastra RERA Rules are passed as it is, the real estate agents are going to get a license to cheat the flat buyers in Maharashtra!!
Because, if RERA revokes the license for any misconduct, just after 6 months the real estate agent can apply for it!
Rules of Union Territories - do not give this type of license to the real estate agents. (Page 5)
15. Revocation of Registration of Real Estate Agent.-.
(1) Where any real estate agent who has been granted registration certificate number commits breach of any terms and conditions specified under these rules or regulations made thereunder, or where the Authority is satisfied that such registration has been secured by the real estate agent through misrepresentation or fraud, the Authority may, without prejudice to any other provisions under the Act, either suo-moto or on an application or complaint from the promoter or allottee or revoke the registration or suspend the same for such period as the Authority thinks fit and inform all the promoters: Provided that, no such revocation or suspension of registration shall be made by the Authority unless an opportunity of being heard has been given to the real estate agent.
(2) Where the Authority revokes the registration it shall intimate about the same to the concerned real estate agent in Form ‘I’: Provided that, on the revocation of the registration by the Authority of any real estate agent; fresh application for grant of registration cannot be made again within a period of six months by such real estate agent.
5) If Maharastra RERA Rules are approved as published - the builders can discriminate against flat buyers:
(4) The declaration to be submitted under clause (l) of sub-section (2) of section 4 of the Act, shall be as per Form ‘B’, which shall include a declaration stating that the promoter shall not discriminate against any allottee at the time of allotment of any apartment, plot or building, as the case may be.
If passed as it is, Maharashtra RERA Rules will legalize the builder's passion for discrimination!
'Housing Project for Vegetarians' is not about food habits. We know the real meaning. Right?
By eliminating the above clause about Discrimination present in Union Territory RERA, Maharashtra Government has proved the builders are the real authors of the RERA Rules. Says Mr. Vijay Kumbhar.
That's why it is a duty of every citizen Maharashtra to email his objection against RERA Rules by 31st December 2016.
If you don't have time to study the Maharashtra RERA Rules, the original Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016 of Central Government of India, and the rules of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA) established in the Union Territories, you can go through Mr. Vijay Kumbhar's objections and email the same at email@example.com - before or on 31st December 2016.
Your children will be proud of you for raising objections against Maharashtra RERA Rules.
Maharashtra RERA Rules in English:
Maharashtra RERA Rules in Marathi:
Union Territories RERA Rules:
2) Maharashtra RERA Rules - A Nightmare for Home Buyers
1) Maharashtra RERA Rules Published!
Subscribe for Free!
To receive free emails or free RSS feeds, please, subscribe to Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
Feel free to call me:
I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market.
My email id is RaviKarandeekar@RaviKarandeekar.com Feel free to write to me. I reply as soon as i can.
If you want my advice, feel free to call me on 919860044110. First 3 minutes are free! And for more than 3 minutes - pay as you wish - you decide the value of my advice.
Of course, for a serious discussion, better fix an appointment at a time convenient to both of us. So that we can have uninterrupted & in depth discussion on my mobile (919860044110)
- on Video Hangout on Google+
- or on Skype (ravikarandeekar) .
For more than 3 minutes and up to 30 minutes - pay as you wish. After the conversation - transfer the money to my bank account. As much as you wish. From a few hundred to a few hundred thousand crore of U S Dollars or Indian Rupees. Here are my bank account details:
Bank of Maharashtra.
Savings A/c no- 20047674794.
Branch- Bajirao Road Pune MICR Code 411014010.