Don't pay VAT to builders, says Grahak Panchayat:
As the last date for paying VAT by developers on flats sold during 2006 and 2010 is nearing, several builders are sending notices and exerting pressure on buyers to cough up the money. However, consumer organisations say the deadline is for builders and flat buyers need not pay the VAT
Several homebuyers from Maharashtra are complaining harassment from builders for coughing up more money as value added tax (VAT). Citing a circular issued by the Maharashtra Sales Tax Department, builders are asking flat buyers to pay the additional money before 31st October for their homes bought between 2006 and 2010. However, Pune-based Grahak Panchayat has asked buyers neither to pay any heed to these tactics from builders nor pay any money as VAT. (Click to Read More)
"Builders liable to pay VAT"
Deputy commissioner of sales tax, Mumbai, Swati Kale spoke with Sudhir Suryawanshi answering questions about the controversial Maharashtra Value Added Tax (VAT).
Sudhir: Who has to pay VAT, the flat buyers or developer?
Kale: The liability to pay VAT is on the developer. We are not after the buyers. The developers are creating the perception that the buyer has to pay the tax. But paying VAT is the developer’s responsibility. (Click to Read More)
Query about VAT?
Feel Free to Contact These Sales Tax Officers:
1) Mumbai - Shri S K Nikam 23760565 - firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Mumbai - Shri D S Shinde 23760562 - email@example.com
3) Thane - Shri Y A Lokare - 25496231 / 9892824521 - firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Pune - Shri R G Bankhele - 26609218 / 9822006188 - email@example.com
5) Kolhapur - Smt S V Miskin - 2663932 / 42 - firstname.lastname@example.org
6) Nashik - Smt S D Thorat - 2335173 / 9421689354 - email@example.com
7) Nagpur - Shri S V Lahane -982399375 - firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Aurangabad - Shri R V Darake - 9850298652 - email@example.com
1) VAT - Questions & Answers
2) Pune Flat Owners United Against VAT
3) 'Builders confusing flat owners about VAT payment'
4) We refuse to pay VAT!
5) How to Refuse to Pay VAT
Feel free to call me:
I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so, i do not charge anything for the first 3 minutes!) Call 919860044110
If you like to chat, join me, RaviKarandeekarsBlogs on Google Talk.
Yes, my email id is RaviKarandeekar@RaviKarandeekar.com Feel free to write to me. I reply as soon as i can.
Join me on Google +
Subscribe for Free!
To receive free emails or free RSS feeds, please, subscribe to Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
For my blogs on premium real estate projects in Pune, real estate investment, advertising and other related topics, please, visit and join my Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group