Octroi is the biggest revenue earner for the civic body and most of the development and infrastructure projects are proposed keeping in mind the income recovered from octroi.In Pune, octroi incomes have drastically fallen. "A comparative assessment of the octroi collections in `07 and `08 show that there has been a negative growth since September. The income in September `08 was mere Rs 9 crore which went up to Rs 10 crore in December `08. There is a negative growth of 16% in December as the PMC had in the previous fiscal collected Rs 53 crore,'' an official said.
The biggest loser in the octroi collections seems to be Pimpri-Chinchwad Muncipal Corporation (PCMC). The corporation, among the richest in the state, suffered heavily as octroi collections fell by 31% in December `08 in comparision to figures in December `07.
"The octroi collections of PCMC in December was only Rs 2.18 crore as against Rs 44 crore recovered in the same month in `07,'' the official said.
To read more, please, visit - The Times of India
Related Stories:1) Municipal Commissioner of Pune proposes steep hike in road, water, sewage, conservancy, fire and theater taxes
2) Slowdown and subsequent block closures by factories in Pune hits Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Ltd's - MSEDCL's - income
3) India Unraveling: Stay Short Emerging Markets
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups