Finally, the government has come out with a coordinated monetary and fiscal policy response to a slowing Indian economy.The Reserve Bank of India has slashed the cash reserve ratio from 5.5% to 5% and has also reduced the repo rate to 5.5% from 6.5%. At the same time, the government has announced a second stimulus package.
Will it work? It just might. It is well known that pessimism, more than anything else, sucked the life out of markets. The problem, so far, was that government responses were only of the half-a-limb kind: Either too much emphasis was paid on monetary policy or stand-alone, badly designed, fiscal packages were put out.
Friday’s announcement is different.
To read more, please, visit - livemint.com
Related Stories:1) RBI cuts key rates to stimulate economy
2) Economists see robust growth in FY09
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups