The real estate sector has been in the grips of a sharp slowdown since the beginning of last year, with sales having fallen drastically in the last quarter."Rate cuts will definitely have positive impact on demand for homes.RBI’s actions in the past have eased liquidity in the system,but credit flow to developers still remains an issue," says Kumar Gera, chairman, Gera Developers andthe chief of real estate industry body Credai.
Lower sales hit developers’ cashflows,
while unavailability of bank credit and funds from private equity squeezed them further,
forcing most of them to delay projects and
lay off employees.
The realty sector is a big employer and a key source of demand in a variety of other sectors, and the government has been keen to lift this industry to spearhead a wider economic recovery.
The RBI has repeatedly cut CRR and key rates in the past two months, but banks have not been very forthcoming in lending to developers because of the high risk perception of the sector. This is because several housebuilders find difficult to service debt and pay for the land already acquired amid slowing sales.
To read more, please, visit - The Economic Times
Related Stories:1) Urban development ministry calls for additional government measures, including cuts in home loan rates, to revive crumbling real estate sector
2) RBI cuts key rates to stimulate economy
3) Economists see robust growth in FY09
4) Return of animal spirits
5) Overseas funding to boost real estate
6) Indian Real Estate Developers to meet the RBI Governor to demand more sops for the struggling real estate sector
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups