Facilitate sale-purchase of power not on 'day ahead' but on 'week and month' ahead:If the Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) permits the Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) to facilitate sale-purchase of power on week and month ahead basis, there are hopes that the Pune model of zero load-shedding will have one more avenue to secure additional power.
Since April 2008, Tata Power has been appointed as the franchise to procure additional power required by Pune to prevent load-shedding. During April/May 2008, Tata Power procured power with firm contracts. But, since October 1, the company has been buying power from IEX on day ahead basis and, due to price and availability constraints in day ahead mechanism, the assured power is not available every day.
Vivek Velankar, founder Sajag Nagrik Manch (SNM) consumer group, has urged people to send their submissions to CERC supporting the IEX petition by November 18. Details about sending submissions can be obtained from www.cercind.gov.in.
-The Times of India
Related Story:Sajag Nagrik Manch has demanded compensation from BSNL and MSEDCLfor the ordeal of residents of Baner
Subscribe for free to receive hot Pune real estate news, views and reviews:1) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Market News Blog
2) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Investment Blog
3) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Advertising and Marketing Blog
4) Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog
5) Please, feel free to call me on my mobile +91 98600 44110! I enjoy talking, sharing my views and giving advice about buying property in Pune real estate market (so i do not charge anything for the first 8 minutes!)
6) Please, join me on Friendfeed, to share news articles, family photos, interesting links and videos and let us discover and discuss information!
Visit Ravi Karandeekar's Pune Real Estate Blog Group and join for free to receive updates of all blogs!
real estate Indian real estate Pune real estate Pune news Pune news Pune real estate news Pune real estate market Pune real estate market news blog Pune real estate blog Pune property blog Pune realty Pune real estate investment Pune real estate marketing upcoming and ongoing real estate projects in Pune current property rates in Pune latest real estate prices Ravi Karandeekar 91 98600 44110 Friendfeed Ravi Karandeekar\'s Pune Real Estate Blog Group Google Groups
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission (CERC) Indian Energy Exchange (IEX) Pune model of zero load-shedding Tata Power Vivek Velankar, founder Sajag Nagrik Manch (SNM) Sajag Nagrik Manch (SNM) consumer group BSNL MSEDCL Baner